Environmental Corporate Social Responsibility
At Apprintable, we are the pioneers in print that have a duty of care towards the planet. Every day, the natural world never ceases to amaze us, that is why we combine an adoration of print with our pledge to uphold environmental responsibility.
We are green to the very core. We proactively make conscious decisions about the inner workings of the business to minimise our carbon footprint and be as environmentally-friendly as possible.
We separate our waste ready for recycling, to ensure they don’t end up in landfills
Let us help you create sustainable products for your printed materials
Our Print workshops are equipped with eco-friendly LED lighting
Our green initiatives are pivotal to success. We offer a critically acclaimed ecological print service with targeted goals:
- To meticulously engineer affordable eco-friendly printing - from sustainably sourced raw materials, environmentally friendly print facilities, down to the vegetable-based inks we use.
- Collaboratively work alongside & donating proceedings to the Work for Good Charity.
- To become wholeheartedly a green business and ensure that our environmental policies influence customers into making the right informed decision.
Our promise is to offer you artisanal printing techniques and uncompromising high quality - all at an unbeatable price. This doesn’t have to mean sacrificing our core principles to achieve this. Our green innovations and technologies help reduce waste, pollution, and energy consumption during production. Shifting to eco printing and saving the planet in the process has never been so easy!
Sustainably Sourced Paper
Combating the ever mounting pressures of climate change may seem like an impossible task. However, by simply transitioning to eco-friendly printing, the far-reaching effects are truly marvellous.
By prioritising recycled products today, you can save energy, reduce waste, minimise greenhouse gas emissions, and conserve natural resources. So give recycled materials a new lease of life with renewable friendly print!
Our manufacturing partners use at least 55% recycled materials that are carefully and sustainably sourced within Europe. Throughout our whole catalogue of in-house green print, we only use 100% recycled paper. Our commitment to help with combat climate change is to offer an alternative to products and offer our customers eco-friendly or recycled print products, examples available:
- Pulp: Produced from 100% pulp board that is sourced from sustainable forests - pulp gives products an incredibly appealing vintage look. This is an amazing alternative to the standard paper that is produced today, take a look at our printed recycled flyers using pulp paper.
- Kraft: A heavy-duty paper stock fabricated from 100% recycled organic materials - brown kraft is a rustic trendy alternative, ideal for brands with an agrestic charm of their own.
- Biodegradable: Widely compostable and constructed from plant-based recycled materials, we stock an impressive portfolio of unbleached biodegradable cups, printed biodegradable stickers made from Sugar cane and Transparent Biodegradable stickers manufactured from polylactic acid.
Green Inks and the Environment
We use vegetable-based inks that are significantly less harmful to the natural world compared to traditional petrol or mineral-based inks. Environmentally friendly printing inks lower detrimental vapour emissions and are also biodegradable - the best of both worlds!
Our manufacturing partners use 200-litre recyclable steel drum inks - the biggest drum size available - in order to reduce packaging waste resulting in smaller product loss and fewer wastage collections. All inks used in our factories are sustainably sourced vegetable oil-based - an ethical alternative that produces striking colours, crisp edging, and glossy bold designs.
Trees for Cities foundation
Trees are the backbone of our business, they produce food for wildlife, and are a pivotal component of the natural world. Trees are a necessity for our ecosystem and provide us with the oxygen that we breathe.
At Apprintable we are enthusiastic about print - our London print shop would not survive without trees, which is why we donate 5% of our proceedings of environmentally friendly print products to Trees for Cities. To date, the charity has planted a staggering 1,100,000 trees throughout the UK and across the globe - we are humbled to do our part to help this incredible community.
As a requirement to partnering with us, all of our manufacturing partners are FSC registered and are certified to ISO 14001:2004 standards with some also holding 9001:2008 certification.